Thread: FIFAStats - A new proof of concept web application

FIFAStats - A new proof of concept web application

Hello everyone,

I'll try and keep this short.

There's a problem with how statistics are collected and displayed to users across all game modes:
    • Stats of a match are inaccessible after you exit back to the main menu. Only the final score can be retrieved.

• EA provides stats in the form of averages (total goals scored, total conceded, average goals per game, etc), but it's quite limited. What about things like your best formation, total cards and MANY more

• A previous web application created by EA Sports for tracking match history has been removed and people are pissed off. As a result, accessing match history data is non-existent and has left the community voicing their frustrations on forums and discussion boards (as I am a new member, I cannot post links unfortunately)

• There is no application which consolidates statistics from every platform (e.g. a PlayStation 4 user cannot see theirs/opponents Xbox One statistics

I feel like a game as robust as FIFA, it's hard to believe that there isn't something already out there like this. Therefore... I want to improve the collection and visualisation of FIFA statistics through the design and development of a web application. I cannot use real data as EA do not publically provide this. It will be a prototype, something I can show to you guys which could maybe convince EA Sports that this should be developed.

If this sounds appealing to you, I would love to hear what you think. Do you think this is needed? If so, what would you like to see?
    Reply down below or drop me a private message on here

P.S. This was posted in the Ultimate Team thread as it does technically cover this game mode. If this needs to be moved, please let me know.

Regards,
    James.
    Last edited by jamesbarrett; 10-06-2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Typos and word amends

sounds like a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by ExpiredPigeon98 View Post
    sounds like a good idea
    Thanks, man. For everyone reading this, I have created a survey which aims to discover whether an application like this should be developed and if so, tries to identify potential features to go in it. I would highly appreciate if you guys could take 2 minutes to fill it out :)

At the time of writing this, I just realised I can't post links in responses either... If you would like to see it, please send me a message on James_Barrett via twitter :)

Regards,
    James.

Brilliant concept of a web application we so much need. But shame EA won't do this. Maybe email them with the idea!