PDA

View Full Version : First Page Problems (this is going to sound so arrogant)

legends pls
01-02-2016, 04:26 PM
This is a problem I've had for the past couple of months now, and I think a lot of people, especially those who have high pack values, can agree with me.

I cast my mind back to the third and fourth Throwback Saturdays. On the third, I woke up at 7 AM (time zones are hard on the Philippines), and I remember lying in bed for 20 minutes just opening packs, and instantly getting TB Pele. I only had to wait 20 more minutes before storing my next player, TB Pato. Sixteen hours later, I had gone from 106th-ish on the leaderboard to 21st.

The next week, I packed so many TB players, as well as legend Roberto Carlos. That was the first time I had ever gotten into the top 10, at number 9, and I haven't left the first page since.

Now, why do I remember these TB Saturdays in particular so fondly? Well, for one, they were among the best days of my life for packs. Two, TB Saturdays haven't nearly as good since.

It's been three months since, and as I defended my place in the top 25 and packed more and more players, I realized that my big pulls were becoming few and far between. I could spend three billion coins every week, and, apart from a sudden November-December surge of luck, I would get, at most, 5 million in return, compared to my 10 million per TB Sat earlier in my career. And that's when I realized: the more players I packed, the harder it was going to be not to get duplicates.

I'm sure my fellow people on the first page will sympathize with me, unless, of course, you're Jack3 or HDTY, because they seem to pull pros out of their nostrils. But for everyone else, there's a reason I have to open more packs than the average user: because everyone's pretty much already been packed and the search just gets harder. And I have come to this conclusion: Futwatch really does get harder as you go along.

But I'm not here to complain. Personally, I've begun to enjoy Futwatch more because of this, simply because, since it's so hard to pack a new player now that I'm fourth on the leaderboard, every time I see that green highlight feels like Christmas. Simply put, the fact that new players are so scarce now makes it feel so amazing every time I do get one.

meh. just a few thoughts i had to put out there. lol.