12-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Swansea City FC

Wba101
12-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Look at my name!!!

WolfSlayer
12-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Look at my name!!!

West Brom! At least we know they beat Arsenal 2-1.

WolfSlayer
12-24-2015, 05:03 PM
I'm surprised by the lack of Barcelona supporters/fans/band-wagoners. And most surprised by the amount of Man United fans/supporters, Sir Alex Ferguson maybe? I mean Man United have just been poor, they also seem to make poor transfer decisions after Alex Fergie: di Maria, Schweinsteiger, and Depay. They've also scored less than 10 goals in their past 11 games. Their opposition weren't even good.

MIKEL DA MAN
01-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Flamengo, but it's a tie between LFC and Real from the choices listed.

Gylfi
01-12-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm a Reading fan but out of the choices above it'd have to be Arsenal I guess. My uncle is a season ticket holder and I've seen them live a few times, twice against Reading (including at Wembley last year) and once at the Emirates against Blackburn.

legends pls
01-12-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm surprised by the lack of Barcelona supporters/fans/band-wagoners. And most surprised by the amount of Man United fans/supporters, Sir Alex Ferguson maybe? I mean Man United have just been poor, they also seem to make poor transfer decisions after Alex Fergie: di Maria, Schweinsteiger, and Depay. They've also scored less than 10 goals in their past 11 games. Their opposition weren't even good.
Well, we have to stick with the team we love don't we <3

WolfSlayer
01-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Well, we have to stick with the team we love don't we <3
I guess if you're talking about Manchester United, then it's past bandwagoners. I'm suprised by the current lack of talent at Manchester United. Martial and De Gea are literally the whole team in terms of talent. Man United used to be full of talent: Cristiano Ronaldo, Cantona, Young Rooney, George Best, David Beckham, Van der Saar, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Scholes, Sir Bobby Charlton, and Rio Ferdinand to name a few.

legends pls
01-13-2016, 12:26 PM
I guess if you're talking about Manchester United, then it's past bandwagoners. I'm suprised by the current lack of talent at Manchester United. Martial and De Gea are literally the whole team in terms of talent. Man United used to be full of superstars: Cristiano Ronaldo, Cantona, Young Rooney, George Best, David Beckham, Van der Saar, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Scholes, Sir Bobby Charlton, and Rio Ferdinand to name a few.
Agreed, although we could be getting more people on the bandwagon if LvG just started playing Martial up front and not on the left wing where Memphis should be

WolfSlayer
01-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Agreed, although we could be getting more people on the bandwagon if LvG just started playing Martial up front and not on the left wing where Memphis should be

You mean if we sack LvG right? With him as a manager, Manchester United will never succeed. He's only succeeded in the past with clubs because he had inherited a gifted and complete team whereas now, after David Moyes, LvG has inherited a team that's average and needs to be fixed a lot, mainly the midfield and defence. Maybe the forwards as Rooney at his current form wouldn't even last another two seasons, compared to Cristiano Ronaldo who's 8 months older than Rooney.

Gylfi
01-13-2016, 04:47 PM
You mean if we sack LvG right? With him as a manager, Manchester United will never succeed. He's only succeeded in the past with clubs because he had inherited a gifted and complete team whereas now, after David Moyes, LvG has inherited a team that's average and needs to be fixed a lot, mainly the midfield and defence. Maybe the forwards as Rooney at his current form wouldn't even last another two seasons, compared to Cristiano Ronaldo who's 8 months older than Rooney.

Agreed, though I don't think it was Moyes who did the damage to the squad. I think that although he was incredibly successful, Fergie did leave behind a squad of players that were almost all past their peak. It was always going to take a short while to rebuild, but LVG has had money to spend and he's used it in the wrong areas. I can't see him lasting until the end of the season.

I've seen that Vidic would be available on a free transfer - even aged 34 he'd still be a great addition to the defence if he went back.

WolfSlayer
01-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Agreed, though I don't think it was Moyes who did the damage to the squad. I think that although he was incredibly successful, Fergie did leave behind a squad of players that were almost all past their peak. It was always going to take a short while to rebuild, but LVG has had money to spend and he's used it in the wrong areas. I can't see him lasting until the end of the season.

I've seen that Vidic would be available on a free transfer - even aged 34 he'd still be a great addition to the defence if he went back.
Alex Ferguson? Then how do you justify Manchester United winning the title in his final season and winning the Premier League Manager of the Season (Alex Ferguson). It wasn't Ferguson's fault, if it was how come he was able to make a 30 year old Van Persie (only a week shy really) and a 39 years old Giggs succeed and win the title? It's the managers fault really, Ferguson understood the team and had chemitry with them. Can't say that with LvG and David Moyes really I mean these two managers got rid of every player from Alex Ferguson's era apart from De Gea and a declining Rooney.

Gylfi
01-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Alex Ferguson? Then how do you justify Manchester United winning the title in his final season and winning the Premier League Manager of the Season (Alex Ferguson). It wasn't Ferguson's fault, if it was how come he was able to make a 30 year old Van Persie (only a week shy really) and a 39 years old Giggs succeed and win the title? It's the managers fault really, Ferguson understood the team and had chemitry with them. Can't say that with LvG and David Moyes really I mean these two managers got rid of every player from Alex Ferguson's era apart from De Gea and a declining Rooney.

Perhaps I didn't word that very well - didn't mean to say it was Fergie's fault, just that the timings were unfortunate for whichever manager came in irrespective of who they were, and that he chose to retire at the right time as the team was about to go into decline. What Ferguson had with that team was special though, no manager was going to be able to come in and have that instantly. The team was coming towards the end of its peak, and the young players hadn't stepped up at all. Of course, Moyes wasn't up to the task and neither is Van Gaal, but they had a very difficult task on their hands keeping an ageing United side at the top.

WolfSlayer
01-14-2016, 12:18 AM
Perhaps I didn't word that very well - didn't mean to say it was Fergie's fault, just that the timings were unfortunate for whichever manager came in irrespective of who they were, and that he chose to retire at the right time as the team was about to go into decline. What Ferguson had with that team was special though, no manager was going to be able to come in and have that instantly. The team was coming towards the end of its peak, and the young players hadn't stepped up at all. Of course, Moyes wasn't up to the task and neither is Van Gaal, but they had a very difficult task on their hands keeping an ageing United side at the top.

I know but Ferguson had a lot of players at an old age signed. He signed a 40 year old and it isn't about the players' decline, it's the chemistry and the eagerness to play for the manager. You can tell because Real Madrid, after sacking Carlo and replacing him with Rafa, look vulnerable. James seems disinterested too. If you blame it on age, then how do you explain Arjen Robben?

Gylfi
01-14-2016, 01:41 AM
I know but Ferguson had a lot of players at an old age signed. He signed a 40 year old and it isn't about the players' decline, it's the chemistry and the eagerness to play for the manager. You can tell because Real Madrid, after sacking Carlo and replacing him with Rafa, look vulnerable. James seems disinterested too. If you blame it on age, then how do you explain Arjen Robben?

Certain players decline at different rates, but there's no denying that most footballers deteriorate in their early thirties (there are some exceptions as you say - Giggs, Robben, Zanetti, Cambiasso etc). There are many different factors that dictate how well teams play under new managers, and you're right that chemistry and work ethic are two of them, and both are definitely lacking in the case of LVG and Moyes.

Who would you choose to replace LVG if he did get the sack? I think Mourinho would be a great appointment but not sure it'll happen.

legends pls
01-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Certain players decline at different rates, but there's no denying that most footballers deteriorate in their early thirties (there are some exceptions as you say - Giggs, Robben, Zanetti, Cambiasso etc). There are many different factors that dictate how well teams play under new managers, and you're right that chemistry and work ethic are two of them, and both are definitely lacking in the case of LVG and Moyes.

Who would you choose to replace LVG if he did get the sack? I think Mourinho would be a great appointment but not sure it'll happen.

I really do think LvG deserves time though, remember neither Rome nor SAF's United were built within two seasons of English football. At the very least, he should be manager long enough for Giggsy to be ready to take the job in the near future

WolfSlayer
01-14-2016, 08:11 PM
I really do think LvG deserves time though, remember neither Rome nor SAF's United were built within two seasons of English football. At the very least, he should be manager long enough for Giggsy to be ready to take the job in the near future

Giggsy would be a horrible manager. He doesn't even have the credentials apart from being an assistant manager. And why should we give LvG more time? The form Manchester United are in is worse than back when Moyes was around. If it wasn't for the TV deals and the clubs in the Premier League being so close in points, Man United would be in 10th place at most.

WolfSlayer
01-14-2016, 08:14 PM

I think that Rafa Benitez could take over as a manager. Manchester United aren't like Chelsea or Real Madrid demanding a trophy in a manager's first season. Mourinho has been taking over clubs that proceed in that fashion, he also doesn't build eras. Along with that Mourinho isn't accustomed to building a squad, he usually takes over a club that's star-studded, in its peak or almost there.