PDA

View Full Version : Pelé or Maradona

WolfSlayer
12-02-2015, 09:24 PM
When FIFA were picking the Player of the Century they had picked Pelé, who doesn't do drugs and supports FIFA unlike Maradona making the voting a bit biased, but since the community here isn't as biased I assume, I would like to ask you guys: Who is better Pelé or Maradona? A lot of you might be saying Pelé with the sheer amount of goals he scored (1,152 goals in 1,222 games) is the better of the two but you have to keep in mind that he was playing at a time when someone would just pass to a designated man to score and the offsides rule wasn't fully developed yet or not as advanced. You might also be thinking about how he won 3 World Cups but in truth he only won 2 as he wasn't involved at all in one of the World Cups and in one of his other two World Cups, they were all won with tea effort not just Pelé himself as the team was filled with the best players. So in my opinion, the best player of the two would be Maradona. One of the reasons is the fact that Pelé is too arrogant.

Maksimus007
12-03-2015, 07:47 AM
When FIFA were picking the Player of the Century they had picked Pelé, who doesn't do drugs and supports FIFA unlike Maradona making the voting a bit biased, but since the community here isn't as biased I assume, I would like to ask you guys: Who is better Pelé or Maradona? A lot of you might be saying Pelé with the sheer amount of goals he scored (1,152 goals in 1,222 games) is the better of the two but you have to keep in mind that he was playing at a time when someone would just pass to a designated man to score and the offsides rule wasn't fully developed yet or not as advanced. You might also be thinking about how he won 3 World Cups but in truth he only won 2 as he wasn't involved at all in one of the World Cups and in one of his other two World Cups, they were all won with tea effort not just Pelé himself as the team was filled with the best players. So in my opinion, the best player of the two would be Maradona. One of the reasons is the fact that Pelé is too arrogant.
Maradona was also the only one who proved himself in Europe, all Pèle went to were Santos and New York Cosmos

WolfSlayer
12-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Maradona was also the only one who proved himself in Europe, all Pèle went to were Santos and New York Cosmos

Thoses were weak leagues too. Europe is where there's real challenge and Maradona still seemed to come out superior in Europe.